Saturday, October 4, 2008

Activity 2.1. - reflection on Karen's Post

Books
Moon (2001)
Lister (2007)

Karen's note about relating this to professional practice got me to thinking about my own context. After reading Moon (2001) and then Lister (2007) I think that I've been encouraging reflection from my learners in the IT training that I give. I've recently put together a post workshop.. skills checklist. This checklist is given to my visitors (and those who are "no shows") a day or two after the presentation.. As simple as it sounds, I'm asking people if they can answer a series of "I can" statements .. yes no or unsure .. without anyone being present. I realize now that I'm expecting this to be a reflective exercise where they then can decide on their next move.. and to guide the next move back to us for follow up support. thus the reason for adding on the same sheet a set of contact names, numbers and email addresses from our department . But because I've only just started with the idea, I'm not sure if it works.. I'm also now thinking that each of those I can statements could be linked back to "learning objects" as another option for self study.

No comments: